"The Left always eats it's own. And The Far Left brings ketchup to the feast..." -- The Overlord
We'll get the nasty stuff out of the way first, things that have been on my mind lately, and then we'll have some heartfelt expressions of gratitude to some of the amazing bloggers out there.
So, it would appear that failure-at-capitalism, failure-at-socialism and shoo-in Academy Award-winning actress Alexandria Ocascio-Cortez has something of a problem on her hands.
Assuming she got that OTHER STUFF off them, first.
The usual crew of flickering "Progressive" lights appeared outside her district Congressional office and attempted to shame her into going full Stalin, like she's promised to. The office was closed at the time, because that's how brave these people are. They only show up and cause mischief when there's no threat of retaliation.
And despite the...ahem...star appeal of Susan Sarandon, a woman now so old and wrinkled she makes a 200-year old prune absolutely sexy by comparison, the locked security gate in front of an empty storefront, and the presence of media to record the entire thing, the hyperbolic and mentally-challenged Boricua of the Burbs will probably soon be regaling us on YouTube and Instagram about how she feared she would be raped, drawn-and-quartered, and forced to take a literacy test by a crowd of 10 people milling about in Queens while she was safe behind barbed wire, security fences, the Capitol Police and the National Guard all the way down in Washington.
Sandy From The Block (inside the gated community) may soon be in real trouble. Redistricting is coming to New York City soon, after the 2020 Census revealed that New York has lost more people than Joe Biden has lost marbles and we're going to lose a Congressional seat ahead of the 2022 midterm elections. Rumor in these parts is that Rikki Retardo is on Granny Nan's shitlist and it may be her (AOC's) district that goes away.
No matter how many Twitter followers you have, if Nancy Pelosi doesn't like you, you're screwed in democratic (small 'd' intentional) party circles, and if you have a track record of being a thorn in Nancy's scaly hide, you're going to be getting it without lube in the wrong holes.
For while Nancy may be older than dirt, she can still muster up enough pure, unadulterated menstrual spite to ruin your day.
It's like the left wing version of Mean Girls, except that you have to assume everyone's gender.
AOC has produced less of value than the average toddler deposits in it's diapers.
She has failed to deliver the Socialist Utopia of unlimited Free Shit she's promised to the braindead, internet-addicted phone slaves that voted for her under the mistaken impression that they were stickin' it to The Man by elevating a bartender who can't even tie her own shoes without a government program.
It turns out The Man is a nominal female, and is Speaker of the House, and she can't stand this little Latina mosquito with the shark teeth, below-freezing IQ and all the appeal of a bleeding anal wart. Those phone-addled hipsters who are obsessed with vaginas and farting cows are about to discover they don't have enough pull in political circles to yank a rhetorical greasy piece of string out of a whore's ass.
They can neither force AOC to do anything (as if she were capable of doing much beyond fucking up a Manhattan?), nor can they save her, if the rumors turn out to be true.
Again, the Left always eats it's own.
On the subject of Left versus Right...
I'm beginning to think mere ideological labels no longer carry much weight. We should probably be thinking, instead, in terms of "clients of government" and "non-clients of government", because there's some pretty interesting crossover at some places. For example:
1. The Forever Welfare set who suddenly see the merit in letting the marketplace solve the problem of disastrously-poor public schooling. They want school choice, they want vouchers, and they want Charter schools. They sound like republicans on this issue.
2. The Old Fart Right Winger who wants even more Welfare in the form of increases in benefits from Social Security and Medicare. It seems they were all against it when the taxes were being taken from them to pay for it, but now that they need it, fuck it, tax everyone else within an inch of their lives because dumbfuck needs a new pair of knees and a cheaper early-dinner option at Denny's in their retirement. They sound like communists.
Please spare me the "but I paid into the System! It owes me!" bullshit. Since the majority of you will live far past your usefulness in your Old Age, the average person outstrips their promised "investment-plus-one-percent" relatively early into retirement, meaning every penny that comes afterwards is FUCKING WELFARE.
Most will consume 2/3 of their total lifetime Medicare expenditures within 6-18 months of dying, which means we're spending good money on people circling the bowl.
In any case, both examples are Clients of Government -- the Government Cheese aficionado with Section 8 wants the government to get out of her children's way, but still foot the bill, while the "Real 'Murican" who worked hard but didn't save anything for his old age despite his belief in Capitalism wants the government to step in and keep him from a steady diet of dog food and to pay for his 52 prescription meds.
Just an interesting question: what sort of people do we want to be? Do we want to be dependent upon Uncle Sugar for everything -- and forced to dance to his tune -- or do we want to be independent?
On Term Limits...
The discussion arose between friends and myself again this week. In fact, it almost seems to never go away. On general principles, I am opposed to term limits for politicians. I've noted why here before, but I'll summarize:
1. If it is your belief "they're all crooks", then there's nothing that will solve this problem faster (smell that? It's SARCASM) than to let the crook know he has an expiration date, so that he can get to stealing harder, faster and on a bigger scale before the clock runs out.
2. While people hate Congress, they re-elect their own Congresscritter 85% of the time. They love their own crook, but have problems with The Other Guy's Crook. And since you can't get to The Other Guy's Crook at the ballot box, you can at least give them a sell-by date, right? This, it seems to me, is the wrong approach to take.
3. What happens when we do -- by some miracle -- get someone who is GOOD at the job? Who has integrity? Who does things the right way? Well, eventually, you lose him.
4. Expecting politicians to fix the problem of politicians is like expecting a skunk to start smelling like Febreeze on command. Historically, it does not work. If you need the most-recent example, remember how the McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Reform Act was supposed "to get the money and special interests out of politics"? In a day and age of billion-dollar campaigns, Big Tech interference in elections and free expression, media all but openly cheering for one side, the influence of PAC's and "Super" PAC's, does it look like it worked?
5. You already have term limits. They're called "elections". At some point, the public has to do the work of getting rid of the bums, whether that's getting candidates they do like on ballots, going door-to-door to drum up support, or turning out to defeat a corrupt or useless incumbent wherever you can.
We don't need better politicians. We need better VOTERS. Most of you are fucking lazy, unengaged, and when you do get your dander up about something, it's usually about something stupid and petty like football players taking a knee or someone waving a Confederate flag. The sheer amount of fucktard on display in America on any given day is astounding.
It is a testament to the powers of modern civilization that people this fucking dumb not only manage to survive, but thrive, despite being intellectually incapacitated, morally bankrupt, physically passive and obtuse enough to leave the job of fixing a system they won't even lift a finger to defend to the people who broke it.
Put the same energy wasted on arguing term limits into the task of getting the electoral rolls cleaned up. Stand on street corners and get petitions signed. Do something productive. Demanding Term Limits is not productive, nor very smart. The VOTE is the most-powerful weapon you have, and it's devalued both by a system that rewards cheating and by the citizen throwing up his hands in disorganized frustration and demanding that government fix a problem that government created and which benefits government.
While you're at, it would probably make more sense to impose term limits on bureaucrats...like Dr. Fuckface Fauci.
And now the Gratitude...
I want to thank the good people at Diogenes' Middle Finger and Ace of Spades HQ for making this the biggest month traffic-wise at the Death Star EVAH.
As always, the Gracious and Curvaceous Diogenes has highlighted a few posts here and there, and the entire gang at Ace have been enormous boosters of both my profile and ego.
I couldn't have done it without you guys. I'm not really good at self-promotion and some aspects of the intertoobies still baffle me, but it's nice -- I should like to think -- that others either agree with me, or recognize something of a spark of talent, and wish to share it with others.
I love you all (in a completely platonic, and not exchange-of-bodily-fluids fashion, of course).
Another big shoutout to the people of Sweden. Whoever you are and for whatever strange reason, the number of Swedes visiting this page on a daily basis astounds. That was even before last week's mention that you have better-looking lesbians than we do.
Thank you, One and All.