Thursday, August 4, 2022

Requiesat in Pacem, Mrs. Overlord...

 My beloved Rosemarie Therese Pannell (nee Santos) passed away quietly this afternoon due to heart failure and complications brought on by COVID. She was 55.

Mrs. Overlord has returned to The Force.

I have never met a kinder, gentler, more-decent soul in all of my life. For the last 10 years or so, we have fought the good fight -- knowing all the time that we would not win -- against Muscular Dystrophy. It is asked that if you can find it in your hearts to do so, that you make a donation in her memory to the Muscular Dystrophy Association.

Every little bit helps and they are making enormous progress with each passing day to help improve and to save the lives of people stricken with these terrible diseases.

I may be signing off for a while, but I will be back. Thank you all for your support and readership.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gutted.

So sorry for your loss.

Reading your words over the years, your voice resonates with me. As I read your announcement it caused a visceral response.

Thank you for sharing this deeply personal view.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss. I look forward to hearing from you when you feel up to it again. Please take your time and reflect on all the good times and good things you shared in your time together.

Eric.

Anonymous said...

God bless you and the Mrs

Diogenes Sarcastica™ said...

Matthew, I'm so sorry to hear this news.
My thoughts are with you both. ❤️

Jan

Mike said...

Dammit man. Just a recent arrival here, but my heart goes out to you and yours. I lost my - MUCH - better half a year and a half ago - it ain't an easy thing bro. Know that there are folk out here that care. Not much I can do from FLA., but I can listen.

Y'all take care,
Mike.

Felid Daddy said...

My deepest condolences. I'm so sorry for your loss. May she rest in eternal peace.

Anonymous said...

Can't imagine your grief. My thoughts are with you.

GMay said...

So sorry for your loss. We'll miss you and be around if you come back. Take care of yourself.

Technomad said...

I'm terribly sorry to hear this. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Kafiroon said...

You both fought a hard fight and take joy in your memories of her. She truly was heroic in fighting in such a condition. Prayers for your strength to keep on.

Anonymous said...

Such sad news. May Mrs. Overlord find peace in the afterlife. God bless her soul and God bless Mr. Overlord.

James said...

Sorry for your loss, may she rest in peace and may you eventually find peace.

Phil said...

My sincere condolences man, words are infinitely inadequate at these times in life.
Take care of yourself.

Octothorpe said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. You have my sincere condolences.

HMS Defiant said...

We are so sorry for your loss. I read your latest and wondered and then read this. Take good care of yourself.

Mind your own business said...


Those we love live forever in our hearts.