Saturday, July 22, 2017

Galactic Housekeeping #2

On a technical note: We're having a problem here at Galactic Central with regards to Facebook.


The little widget at the sidebar that allowed you to worship your Overlord from afar via Facebook has been taken down. Apparently, Mr. Zuckerberg needs more money to feed his chimpanzees and a service that used to be offered for free, is now only available for cash.

Considering it's not that an important part of the blog, I have temporarily taken it down until I either find a good alternative, or I decide to cave and pay for it. You can still like and follow the My Planet, My Rules homepage on Facebook, but those likes and follows will not be reflected on Blogger.

This is not a truly catastrophic deal, it's just a matter of whether the option of having an already-existing third party have access to this blog through another third party who expects to be paid is a good idea, or even necessary.

Stay tuned.

I've stepped on the weenie.

A few weeks back, I mentioned that my nephew had recently (last January) graduated the Coast Guard Academy.

I am mistaken: he graduated Coast Guard Basic Training. He is currently assigned to the Coast Guard Base in New Castle Island, Rhode Island, and was recently qualified as a fireman, and has also qualified to steer the boat (which I understand is a really big deal).

So, good job, Mikey!

Good job United States Coast Guard!

Galactic Housekeeping is a feature that appears from time to time where Your Overlord either corrects his errors, or rubs your noses in his having been right.







1 comment:

GOODSTUFF said...

I don't think it's a big deal. My blog doesn't get a lot of facebook hits...

https://www.facebook.com/goodstuff4u

I have liked and followed your Facebook site

BTW - one of my blogging ideas - why you should follow me on facebook using retro photos